The big themes for just about all heavy industries now are digitalisation and sustainability – and this is unlikely to change during 2021. Shipping companies will come under yet further pressure to better manage greenhouse gas emissions, with the ‘trajectories’ of IMO’s MEPC 75, Sea Cargo Charter, the EU’s Emission Trading Scheme, pressure from banks, and probably more.
XShip, based in Cochin, India, provides vessel monitoring and analysis services for 1000 vessels, including daily monitoring of 350 vessels, with clients including MSC, MTM, PIL, Pacific Basin, Nippon Paint Marine.
In this webinar two speaker of XShip - Sandith Thandasherry, CEO, and Syam Krishnan, Head of Performance Analysis - will give case studies of work they have done with the clients including:
- Determining that it would not be worthwhile for a client to do a bow modification on its fleet, based on analysing the experience on one vessel which had a bow modification.
- Determining that a propeller washing did not have much impact on rate of fuel consumption degradation on silicon coated propeller compared to non-coated propellers.
- Determining fuel savings for the vessels with 95 % accuracy.
This webinar will be useful for:
- performance monitoring departments that are evaluating performance improvements of every investment
- operational teams interested in best practices to apply into daily operations of voyage planning
- commercial teams or management interested in determining savings of investments