This essential briefing will bring you up to date on the latest thinking at IMO and the MCA on management of environmental regulation and compliance during this unprecedented disruption to business, trade and normal life.
This spring’s MEPC 75 meeting was due to make a number of important decisions – how will these be managed now? What will be the impact on shipping’s decarbonisation targets? Will timelines have to be delayed? How is port state control dealing with enforcement of regulations under restrictions? And how will regulators move forward with the ‘new normal’?
Compliance is key for shipowners and operators and this webinar will help them:
• Understand how regulators and port state control are managing monitoring and compliance
• Learn about the impact of the pandemic on developing regulations and timelines for reducing shipping’s carbon footprint
• Use the information to assist in business planning and current operations
- An update on the regulatory situation before the pandemic and what is happening now
- What are the consequences for technical and operational measures as a result of the postponed IMO meetings including MEPC 75?
- Experience of enforcing IMO 2020 since 1 January 2020
- Changes due to the COVID 19 crisis: what is happening with ship inspections?
- Consequences of delay in returning to normal business for compliance and enforcement