Exploring what 2018 has in store for the maritime industry - Opportunities, Challenges and Investments
APM welcomes back our key maritime stakeholders in the region as we explore some of the main issues they are tackling collectively, which includes the depleting energy resources of the region. This esteem line-up will also look at environmental impacts and what they are doing to combat this, along with changing dynamics that are affecting the trade patterns in Asia. This session will also uncover the following:
- The new normal – What will the future of the maritime industry look like?
- Asia’s future for oil and gas trade flows and the implications that this will have on transportation and storage?
- The challenges that have been posed for oil and gas E&P and how this has impacted LNG growth?
- How has the ratification of the IMO BWM in September 2017, created the intended impact desired by IMO or the adverse?
- Harnessing the power of big data and new smart shipping technologies that are disrupting the maritime industry
- Transforming the maritime talent of today into the talent that the industry requires
- How can ship-owners remain profitable in the changing market dynamics of this economy?
- Where are the smart investment opportunities of this region coming from and what are they?
- How can owners be well equipped for cyber security threats and what should we look out for in 2018?
APM Conference: Asian Shipbuilding Spotlight
Can Asia match up to the global leadership in shipbuilding?
APM welcomes the region’s leading shipbuilders as we put them in our hot seat to tackle the issues that keep them awake at night and what are their plans for growth amidst the current market outlook. This session will explore the following:
How can Asia better compete on a global playing field in terms of shipbuilding?
What are the Asian shipbuilding powerhouses of China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam Philippines & Singapore doing differently to stay relevant in this dynamic market?
How are shipyards dealing with the issue of oversupply and over capacity which is still looming in the market?
What are the current market disruptors in shipbuilding right now and how are the various technological advancements helping to mitigate these disruptions?
Can the region work together to create a shipbuilding powerhouse in the Asian market?