ISL - the Institute of Shipping Economics and Logistics - connects tradition and modern science since 1954. ISL is one of Europe´s leading institutes for maritime research, consultancy and transfer of know-how.
Based in the German cities of Bremen and Bremerhaven, we work on projects in the area of maritime markets and logistics on a global scale in interdiscipinary teams. We serve clients in the private and public sector.
- Maritime Markets (statistics & forecasts on shipping, ship bulding and ports)
- Information and communication (ICT) systems for the maritime industry
- Simulation of logistics processes (container terminals, corridors, cargo flows, mounting of offshore wind parks)
- Logistics cooperations (freight villages)
- Security issues in maritime transport chains
- Sustainability/Environmental aspects of maritime transports
You have questions on maritime markets? We advise you in a competent way.
You have an innovative idea? Please contact us. We are looking forward to discuss it with you and support you in designing joint project proposals.
You want to exploit our long-standing know-how built in numerous projects? Our staff members and our information centre are at your disposal.